He wasn't impressed, and I wanted to punch him in the face... But he was
kind of right. I went to http://maemo.org/downloads/Maemo5/games/

And I thought it was kind of lame (I love my N900).

Is anyone here a moderate to high gamer and has done any nice game
installations so far? (GOOD GRAPHICS GOOD GAME PLAY ETC, )

can you give me a few recommendations? *other than punching my nephew*

:-)

f(t)
Re: Can we talk about Games? [ In reply to ]
On 25.04.11 19:06, Francisco Diaz Trepat - gmail wrote:
> First of all, I have only doom installed.
>
> My nephew told me my phone was boring, so I pulled up x-term and did hg pull
> on my Go language directory, hg update, and sudo all.bash.
>
> He wasn't impressed, and I wanted to punch him in the face... But he was
> kind of right. I went to http://maemo.org/downloads/Maemo5/games/

If this doesn't impress him, it's your personal fault you didn't help his
parents to educate him correctly.

> And I thought it was kind of lame (I love my N900).
>
> Is anyone here a moderate to high gamer and has done any nice game
> installations so far? (GOOD GRAPHICS GOOD GAME PLAY ETC, )

Well, of course Angry Birds (I love to play it on the toilett!) or maybe
Bounce Evolution and there was something with a barbarian and cool
3D-graphics I cannot find anymore on the ovi-store.

Or unnethack/vultures...

> can you give me a few recommendations? *other than punching my nephew*

May be you shouldn't forget the punching in case you need a fallback...

-
Klaus
Re: Can we talk about Games? [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 5:06 PM, Francisco Diaz Trepat - gmail
<francisco.diaztrepat@gmail.com> wrote:
> First of all, I have only doom installed.
> My nephew told me my phone was boring, so I pulled up x-term and did hg pull
> on my Go language directory, hg update, and sudo all.bash.
> He wasn't impressed, and I wanted to punch him in the face... But he was
> kind of right. I went to http://maemo.org/downloads/Maemo5/games/
> And I thought it was kind of lame (I love my N900).
> Is anyone here a moderate to high gamer and has done any nice game
> installations so far? (GOOD GRAPHICS GOOD GAME PLAY ETC, )
> can you give me a few recommendations? *other than punching my nephew*

Well, with games on N900 it's mainly like games on other platforms.
The best stuff costs money or is probably illegal (games played in
emulators).

Ovi Store has several commercial games, some are free, some costs
money. Many have a "lite" version to trial.

For free games from extras, I like WarMUX, it is an open-source clone
of the famous game Worms. You can play online against other people,
and it has fun sound & graphics and performance is wonderful on N900.
Using the keyboard you can switch weapons easily, it's really very
playable.

Frozen Bubble is also simple and fun, a clone of Bust-A-Move/Puzzle Bobble.

OpenArena is like Quake 3 Arena. It performs well but I find it
extremely difficult to play using the N900's controls.