application-agnostic as possible -i.e. not limited to xterm.

Thank you very much

/Xavier
Re: How can I type the | character ? [ In reply to ]
CTRL + Function Key (Blue Arrow) + it should appear there

Re: How can I type the | character ? [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 12:49 PM, Francisco Diaz Trepat - gmail
<francisco.diaztrepat@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 2:56 PM, Xavier Maillard <xavier@maillard.im> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> All is in the suject. I am looking for the right keybinding to type the
>> 'pipe' character on my n900. I want this combination being as
>> application-agnostic as possible -i.e. not limited to xterm.
>
> CTRL + Function Key (Blue Arrow) + it should appear there

Remapping N900 hardware keyboard: http://wiki.maemo.org/Remapping_keyboard

Furthermore for xterm-specific usage you can change your xterm
on-screen keys or your hardware keyboard mappings to include more
useful keys like those. For example in my Xterm I have:
Ctrl Esc { } < > | %

And I have remapped my hardware keyboard so that Fn-Up is PgUp,
Fn-Down is PgDown, Fn-Left is Home, Fn-Right is End. For tab in xterm
I simply press control-i.

Customize xterm key bar:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=34926

Good luck :)
Re: How can I type the | character ? [ In reply to ]
That seams helpful, although if I may, I code a lot in my N900, mostly in Go
and Java.

I got used to the default way of inputing keys. Although I speak from
experience when I said, if Paul says it, better yet, if it say he's got
it... I would just do it blind folded.

:-)

f(t)

Re: How can I type the | character ? [ In reply to ]
On 15 March 2011 19:49, Francisco Diaz Trepat - gmail <
francisco.diaztrepat@gmail.com> wrote:

> CTRL + Function Key (Blue Arrow) + it should appear there
>
> I am afraid either I do not understand your answer or it is not working for
me.

I press CTRL + Function Key and Plus (+) and nothing happens. Just pressing
the CTRL and FUNCTION key also does not produce a |

Regards
Johann

--
May grace and peace be yours in abundance through the full knowledge of God
and of Jesus our Lord! His divine power has given us everything we need for
Re: How can I type the | character ? [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 3:47 PM, Johann Spies <johann.spies@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 15 March 2011 19:49, Francisco Diaz Trepat - gmail
> <francisco.diaztrepat@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> CTRL + Function Key (Blue Arrow) + it should appear there
>
> I am afraid either I do not understand your answer or it is not working for
> me.
>
> I press CTRL + Function  Key and Plus (+) and nothing happens. Just pressing
> the CTRL and FUNCTION key also does not produce a |

Actually the key is the Sym key, which is pressed in the reverse
sequence: Function Ctrl, at least on my US N900 keyboard. That will
make a pop-up menu containing various symbols and punctuation marks
that are not on the hardware keyboard.
Re: How can I type the | character ? [ In reply to ]
so sorry, it is as paul said.

f(t)

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 6:03 PM, Paul Hartman