Mailing List Archive

Re: N800 Locking up regularly, even after reimage
Am 10.03.2011 02:22, schrieb David Hagood:
> I have a N800 that locks up on a far too regular basis, even though I've
> reflashed it several times.
>
> I normally run with root on the internal SDHC card, to save wear and
> tear on the internal flash& to have a larger rootfs to install more
> stuff.

Having root on the card may be something to do with it. I've noticed
that after startup there's a significant delay before the cards are
actually mounted and available.

I have a MySQL database which keeps its data files on the card. If I
configure the startup script to start it at boot (like any other service
in /etc/init.d) it will always fail because at that point the files
aren't available to it. So I had to change the startup scripts to wait
until the filesystem was actually mounted before actually trying to
start the DBMS.

I'd suggest trying again with the normal root instead. If you need more
space there for installs, you could always move some stuff to the card
and they symlink it from root.

--
Tony Green
Ipswich, Suffolk, England

* No Micro$oft products were used in the generation of this communication