that:

fetchmail: Can't get lock. Mailbox in use
fetchmail: lock busy! Is another session active?
fetchmail: Lock-busy error on account@ddd.ddd
fetchmail: lock busy on server error while fetching from account@ddd.ddd

This is really annoying. Anyone here has an idea what might be causing this?

Thanks,

/Henrik
Re: Maemo mail application blocks mail account [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2011-02-25 at 10:02 +0100, Henrik Frisk wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I had this problem with my N810 too: whenever my N900 is online and
> checks for mail regularly it seams as if it is blocking the account.
> I'm using fetchmail on my laptop to retrieve mail and it complains
> that:
>
> fetchmail: Can't get lock. Mailbox in use
> fetchmail: lock busy! Is another session active?
> fetchmail: Lock-busy error on account@ddd.ddd
> fetchmail: lock busy on server error while fetching from account@ddd.ddd
>
> This is really annoying. Anyone here has an idea what might be causing this?

Are you using POP3 by any chance ?
POP3's spec has a mandatory lock, so only one client can connect at the
same time.
But you shouldn't use POP, especially if you have multiple clients you
should use IMAP.

Xav

Re: Maemo mail application blocks mail account [ In reply to ]
On 25.02.11 10:02, Henrik Frisk wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I had this problem with my N810 too: whenever my N900 is online and
> checks for mail regularly it seams as if it is blocking the account.
> I'm using fetchmail on my laptop to retrieve mail and it complains
> that:

How do you check mails? IMAP? POP3? If you use pop3, switch to IMAP.

> fetchmail: Can't get lock. Mailbox in use
> fetchmail: lock busy! Is another session active?
> fetchmail: Lock-busy error on account@ddd.ddd
> fetchmail: lock busy on server error while fetching from account@ddd.ddd
>
> This is really annoying. Anyone here has an idea what might be causing this?

What Mailserver are you using?

-
Klaus
Re: Maemo mail application blocks mail account [ In reply to ]
Hi Klaus and Xavier,

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 10:37 AM, Klaus Umbach <klaus-maemo@uxix.de> wrote:
> On 25.02.11 10:02, Henrik Frisk wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I had this problem with my N810 too: whenever my N900 is online and
>> checks for mail regularly it seams as if it is blocking the account.
>> I'm using fetchmail on my laptop to retrieve mail and it complains
>> that:
>
> How do you check mails? IMAP? POP3? If you use pop3, switch to IMAP.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll switch to imap then.

/Henrik