unknown and would be a nice thing to test?

sorry for the endless q

f(t)
Re: Can I compile a new version of BusyBox? [ In reply to ]
Hi,

ext Francisco Diaz Trepat - gmail wrote:
> I wish to know if installing the new busybox would be possible and if I do
> it would it brick my phone or do something to scripts or is completely
> unknown and would be a nice thing to test?

Upgrading Busybox has typically causes some issues that need to be
fixed, but you can find them out only by testing it (obviously using
the current busybox config as base).

You should also use the Maemo busybox packaging so that you get all
the relevant symlinks packages.

- Eero
Re: Can I compile a new version of BusyBox? [ In reply to ]
I love my phone but right now I am getting a bit tired of these types
or characteristics

Tired is not the word, frustrated. Is there an anti-linux sentiment
between the members or the developer team?

One reason I started compiling gnu stuff like make, was because they
were so so out of date, and why aren't we using a color version of ls
and several other commands like grep.

I have used up all the rootfs as I detailed in other thread, it is
frustrating. I want to have a linux in my hands and play around with
it, learning, as I discover new commands (for me), and new ways of
getting around issues (like now I can code in VI) all thank to the
n900.

Whats wrong with linux that we cannot have it as good as it is, and
with a well tested phone app and sms app?

Sorry I am in need of some Catharsis

f(t)

Re: Can I compile a new version of BusyBox? [ In reply to ]
Thanks for your reply, I appreciated.

f(t)