but on the n900 the applet is asking me for a password file I don't
have.

Do I need to generate the password file, and that is for the applet?
meaning I won't need to change vpn server settings.

Or if I don't include the password file it should be prompting me for
user name and password, meaning I have another issue?

the error says socket.connect() failed or something very similar.

f(t)
Re: Please Pleas Open-VPN [ In reply to ]
I have openvpn working. What applet? You need 3 files for openvpn:
1) server certificate
2) client certificate
3) client key

and you need a configuration file that tells openvpn where the above files are.

-Khaled

Re: Please Pleas Open-VPN [ In reply to ]
Open VPN Applet

http://maemo.org/downloads/product/Maemo5/openvpn-applet/

Re: Please Pleas Open-VPN [ In reply to ]
I see.

Sorry I don't know about that applet.

But if it helps, the "normal" way to use OpenVPN works, and is easy to do.

-Khaled

Re: Please Pleas Open-VPN [ In reply to ]
And that is....

Thanks,
f(t)