megabytes

Any one?

f(t)
Re: more tmp memory [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2011-02-03 at 14:37 -0300, Francisco Diaz Trepat - gmail wrote:
> But I ran out of /tmp file. I have already asked this question, and I
> think here, but I cannot find the answer.
> It was just remounting it umount /tmp mount /tmp parameter amount of
> megabytes

So where is your question?

andre
--
Andre Klapper (maemo.org bugmaster)

Re: more tmp memory [ In reply to ]
LOL

How can I increase the size of my /tmp partition so that I may compile
something big and not run out of space?

f(t)

Re: more tmp memory [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 11:37 AM, Francisco Diaz Trepat - gmail
<francisco.diaztrepat@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi I want to have more tmp memory because I am building posgress on my n900.
> Yes, just because it can... Awesome :-)
> But I ran out of /tmp file. I have already asked this question, and I think
> here, but I cannot find the answer.
> It was just remounting it umount /tmp mount /tmp parameter amount of
> megabytes
> Any one?

Something like this?

mount -o remount,size=16M /tmp

don't even need to unmount it first...
Re: more tmp memory [ In reply to ]
Andre Klapper wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-02-03 at 14:37 -0300, Francisco Diaz Trepat - gmail wrote:
>> But I ran out of /tmp file. I have already asked this question, and I
>> think here, but I cannot find the answer.
>> It was just remounting it umount /tmp mount /tmp parameter amount of
>> megabytes
>
> So where is your question?

You trimmed it out.

f(t) wrote:
> Any one?

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Email: dneary@maemo.org
Jabber: bolsh@jabber.org

Re: more tmp memory [ In reply to ]
Awesome, thanks paul

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 2:51 PM, Paul Hartman
<paul.hartman+maemo@gmail.com<paul.hartman%2Bmaemo@gmail.com>

Re: more tmp memory [ In reply to ]
Hi,

you can always use the TMPDIR environment variable to point
somewhere else, from the gcc manpage:

TMPDIR
If TMPDIR is set, it specifies the directory to use for temporary
files. GCC uses temporary files to hold the output of one stage of
compilation which is to be used as input to the next stage: for
example, the output of the preprocessor, which is the input to the
compiler proper.

Another option is to use -pipe:

-pipe
Use pipes rather than temporary files for communication between the
various stages of compilation. This fails to work on some systems
where the assembler is unable to read from a pipe; but the GNU
assembler has no trouble.

regards,
Nuno