only a reasonable quantity of mail ?

Regards,

Jean-Christian
Re: Evolution download many GB of mail by default [ In reply to ]
Jean-Christian de Rivaz a écrit :
> Hello all,
>
> Meego currently use evolution for the mail. I don't know from where come
> this choice, but I give it a try with my IMAP4 account full of 7.7GB of
> mail. The result, on a EeePC 1015PE, it that evolution downloaded 2.2GB
> of mail during the night and I found the PC constantly acessing the disk
> this morning. Definitely not appropriate for a mobile device: this would
> have killed both my 1GB/month 3G access and the device battery. Even on
> a notebook, this give a very bad experience and feeling.
>
> How can evolution be configured (I suggest by default) to not download
> only a reasonable quantity of mail ?

Oups! Sent wrongly in maemo-users instead of meego list. Sorry.

Jean-Christian
Re: Evolution download many GB of mail by default [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2010-11-05 at 13:25 +0100, Jean-Christian de Rivaz wrote:
> Jean-Christian de Rivaz a écrit :
> > Hello all,
> >
> > Meego currently use evolution for the mail. I don't know from where come
> > this choice, but I give it a try with my IMAP4 account full of 7.7GB of
> > mail. The result, on a EeePC 1015PE, it that evolution downloaded 2.2GB
> > of mail during the night and I found the PC constantly acessing the disk
> > this morning. Definitely not appropriate for a mobile device: this would
> > have killed both my 1GB/month 3G access and the device battery. Even on
> > a notebook, this give a very bad experience and feeling.
> >
> > How can evolution be configured (I suggest by default) to not download
> > only a reasonable quantity of mail ?
>
> Oups! Sent wrongly in maemo-users instead of meego list. Sorry.
>
> Jean-Christian

In Evolution, Edit>Preferences. Select the mail account then Edit>IMAP
Headers and make your choice. When first accessing the account it will
download all specified, after that it will be much quicker. Set the
individual folder preferences to not sync to save bandwidth as well. HTH
--
Best Regards,

Peter The Plumber