I was wondering if there is a way to change the (SHIFT+CTRL+X)
shortcut to some other combination more easy for me.

f(t)
Re: Shortcut for XTerminal (SHIFT+CTRL+X) [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2010-10-26 at 10:26 -0300, ext Francisco Diaz Trepat - gmail
wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I was wondering if there is a way to change the (SHIFT+CTRL+X)
> shortcut to some other combination more easy for me.

Sidenote: iirc it's not recommended to use that approach because some
resources are not claimed back once the terminal is closed.
It was mostly meant to be used in case of emergency.

hopefully someone with better memory than mine can confirm/dispute this

cheers, igor

Re: Shortcut for XTerminal (SHIFT+CTRL+X) [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 26 Oct 2010, Igor Stoppa wrote:

> On Tue, 2010-10-26 at 10:26 -0300, ext Francisco Diaz Trepat - gmail
> wrote:
>> Hi all
>>
>> I was wondering if there is a way to change the (SHIFT+CTRL+X)
>> shortcut to some other combination more easy for me.

It is hard coded in hildon-desktop, so the only way to change is to
change the source code.

Modified-hildon-desktop package (see
http://my.svgalib.org/repo/Modified_Hildon_Desktop.html ) is a modified
version of hildon-desktop that allows arbitrary reconfiguring of
keyboard shortcuts.

> Sidenote: iirc it's not recommended to use that approach because some
> resources are not claimed back once the terminal is closed.
> It was mostly meant to be used in case of emergency.
>
> hopefully someone with better memory than mine can confirm/dispute this

I don't see any obvious memory or resource leaks in the code that runs
xterminal.

--
Matan.

Re: Shortcut for XTerminal (SHIFT+CTRL+X) [ In reply to ]
Awesome, thanks.

I'll look it up
f(t)

Re: Shortcut for XTerminal (SHIFT+CTRL+X) [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2010-10-26 at 16:34 +0200, ext Matan Ziv-Av wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Oct 2010, Igor Stoppa wrote:
> > Sidenote: iirc it's not recommended to use that approach because some
> > resources are not claimed back once the terminal is closed.
> > It was mostly meant to be used in case of emergency.
> >
> > hopefully someone with better memory than mine can confirm/dispute this
>
> I don't see any obvious memory or resource leaks in the code that runs
> xterminal.

You are both right: there was a leak and it was fixed.

-Kimmo