Mailing List Archive

[ANN] Scrobbler for Maemo 2.0; now with love support
Hi,

It’s time for the second release of scrobbler for Maemo featuring
support to mark tracks as “loved”.

There have been many improvements over the 1.0 release:

* Support to “love” tracks
* Detect network connectivity
* Proxy support
* Support for Now-Playing

Also, I had to rename it from maemo-scrobbler to Scrobbler for Maemo
due to trademark issues,

It’s now pushed to Maemo extras-testing, where you can test and vote up.

Grab it while it's hot :)
http://maemo.org/packages/package_instance/view/fremantle_extras-testing_free_armel/maemo-scrobbler/2.0-1/

All you have to do is add the Hildon Desktop widget next to the media
player one (if you want the "love" functionality).

Cheers.

--
Felipe Contreras
Re: [ANN] Scrobbler for Maemo 2.0; now with love support [ In reply to ]
Hi Felipe,

thank you very much for your great work!

Am 12.07.2010 11:12, schrieb Felipe Contreras:
> It’s time for the second release of scrobbler for Maemo featuring
> support to mark tracks as “loved”.
>
> There have been many improvements over the 1.0 release:
>
> * Support to “love” tracks

hm... AFAIK libre.fm does not support this feature or at least I'm
unable to get information about "loved" tracks in their web interface.

This feature is implemented as desktop widget. I can turn it "on" and
"off" and I see feedback (background colour is changing) but nothing
else. How does it work?

> * Detect network connectivity
> * Proxy support
> * Support for Now-Playing

This seems to work well with libre.fm. :)

Do you think that it is possible to put these notes to the change log
part of the packages?

Thanks, Uwe

--
Uwe Kaminski
http://internettabletblog.de
Re: [ANN] Scrobbler for Maemo 2.0; now with love support [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 4:30 PM, Uwe Kaminski <jukey@ju-key.de> wrote:
> thank you very much for your great work!

Thanks for the positive feedback :)

> Am 12.07.2010 11:12, schrieb Felipe Contreras:
>>
>> It’s time for the second release of scrobbler for Maemo featuring
>> support to mark tracks as “loved”.
>>
>> There have been many improvements over the 1.0 release:
>>
>>  * Support to “love” tracks
>
> hm... AFAIK libre.fm does not support this feature or at least I'm unable to
> get information about "loved" tracks in their web interface.

Nope, libre.fm's UI doesn't support it, but AFAIK the server is
storing the information. Or at least it doesn't complain we send the
data.

> This feature is implemented as desktop widget. I can turn it "on" and "off"
> and I see feedback (background colour is changing) but nothing else. How
> does it work?

When the song finishes (or you click "next"), the information is
submitted (if the button is on), and the button goes back to normal.

However, if there's a problem with the connection, then the submission
is stored in a queue. When the connection starts working again, all
queued "loved" songs are submitted.

>>  * Detect network connectivity
>>  * Proxy support
>>  * Support for Now-Playing
>
> This seems to work well with libre.fm. :)
>
> Do you think that it is possible to put these notes to the change log part
> of the packages?

I've put the new features in the "special" Maemo field, so the notes
should be appearing. However, I only mentioned the "love" feature; not
sure if I can put multiple lines there.

--
Felipe Contreras