Mailing List Archive

mobilehotspot - patches to add support for USB tethering
Hi all,

For anyone who may have installed the MobileHotSpot application, I patched

it to support USB tethering, since that and tethering via wifi are somewhat

similar. It seems to work okay for me. The only caveat is that my patches

seem to have introduced some small bug where if you are currently using a

wifi connection when you attempt to create an ad-hoc wifi hotspot the wlan0

interface fails to configure. I haven't yet tried back out of individual

changes to find the cause, but in any case it's not a total show stopper, I

think.

https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/download.php/1113/4170/5972/826/backend.py.patch

https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/download.php/1113/4170/5972/825/frontend.py.patch

Aloha,