Is that possible?

Actually the command would be a small Go program.

f(t)
Re: Small Widget to show terminal results [ In reply to ]
Le 26/06/2010 04:16, Francisco Diaz Trepat - gmail a écrit :
> Hi, I want to build a small widget to show the results from a terminal
> script that the widget should run.
>
> Imagine something like a widget that shows the output of an [ls] command.
>
> Is that possible?
>
> Actually the command would be a small Go program.

Hi Francisco,

Actually this has already been available for some time.

It's called the Desktop Command Execution Widget (DCEW).

It's a great little tool !

HTH,
fp
Re: Small Widget to show terminal results [ In reply to ]
Thanks Fred, that sounds awesome.

Although I'm looking at developing my own for one command only.

Are sources available for this widget?

f(t)

Re: Small Widget to show terminal results [ In reply to ]
Le 26/06/2010 22:16, Francisco Diaz Trepat - gmail a écrit :
> Thanks Fred, that sounds awesome.
>
> Although I'm looking at developing my own for one command only.
>
> Are sources available for this widget?

I really don't see why you would make another one when this one does
just what you asked for (and more), but that's your call :-)

The project page is here:
http://maemo.org/packages/view/desktop-cmd-exec/
Re: Small Widget to show terminal results [ In reply to ]
Well Fred, if you must know, I am building a very small app in Go, to get
started with the language.

At this moment the language doesn't have that much in regards to GTK+ or
other GUI libs useful to maemo.

Since I haven't program anything in maemo yet </shame> I wanted to start
with a Widget which I am assuming that would be easier.

f(t)