Mailing List Archive

HORROR - Maemo wont boot after Power Kernel
Hi all, I'm kind of going insane.

I've installed MobileHotSpot to try it out. about 3:30 AM, no life, and no
learning not to try things in the middle of the night.

It told me about a Power_Kernel it needed to install. I accepted etc.

I tried it out and, maybe because of the new kernel, or the wireless card I
putted in my Ubuntu 10.04 (32bit), it so happen I couldn't connect to the
internet through my Ububtu as I used to using N900 and a USB cable. I had
the Idea to go wireless using the mobilehotspot but it didn't work.

So I didn't wanted it any more. So I removed it. Then there was an Icon to
remove the Power Kernel and restored nokias.

After it failed a couple of times, one because I wasn't connected to the
internet, another because the appmanager was running, and a third
unspecified.

It booted, and It never came back.

The Device Starts, vibrates, then Nokia Logo/Screen appears, then it shuts
down, then it starts again, Nokia Logo, shuts down.

After lots of auto-tries it brings up a GREEN crooked message Saying Device
Malfunction or something of the sort.

Can Anybody help me out?

Should I just slice my vanes?

Please give me a hand,
f(t)

PS: I should have stopped playing around after Vim syntax highlighting got
working for me....
Re: HORROR - Maemo wont boot after Power Kernel [ In reply to ]
On 18.06.10 10:31, Francisco Diaz Trepat - gmail wrote:
> It told me about a Power_Kernel it needed to install. I accepted etc.

did you reboot (w/o USB cable) to activate the kernel?

> So I didn't wanted it any more. So I removed it. Then there was an Icon
> to remove the Power Kernel and restored nokias.
> After it failed a couple of times, one because I wasn't connected to the
> internet, another because the appmanager was running, and a third
> unspecified.

if you had read the numerous warnings and instructions in the
deinstaller and package description you would have found
http://wiki.maemo.org/Kernel_Power#Deinstallation

--
Thomas Tanner ------
email: tanner@gmx.de
Re: HORROR - Maemo wont boot after Power Kernel [ In reply to ]
Thomas, Vielen Dank für Ihre Antwort.
I have run the flasher:
sudo flasher-3.5 -F RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1.002_PR_COMBINED_002_ARM.bin -f
-R

100% (173696 of 173696 kB, avg. 14020 kB/s)
Finishing flashing... done
CMT flashed successfully

It seams to be forever in Knight Rider Mode...

I rebooted.

KNM = small balls terning on and of in a sequential manner.

Should I Flash again?
f(t)