Da: Attila Csipa [mailto:maemo@csipa.in.rs]
Inviato: lunedì 12 dicembre 2011 20:01
A: emme750@gmail.com
Cc: 'Andrew Flegg'; 'maemo-developers'
Oggetto: Re: R: promotion to extras

On 12/12/2011 08:19 PM, emme750@gmail.com wrote:
> You should also solve the problem of those applications that are ready to be promoted, but the maintainer is no longer "alive".
> For example, after one month of the release, the promotion may become automatic, or we should enable Supertester to do this.

This have been talked about, but stopped at a question - do you really want orphaned packages published in Extras ? If a problem surfaces or a bug gets reported, there is nobody to take care of it, and removal can get really tricky (who gets final say as how broken it has to be to ask Niels to remove it, what if there are other packages depending on the orphaned one, etc).

Best regards,
Attila Csipa

Re: R: R: promotion to extras [ In reply to ]
emme750@gmail.com wrote:
> So, in my opinion, if Supertester have given the green light to these applications, I think it's fair that they be promoted in extras.

IMHO, the person doing the promoting should become the maintainer. If
not that person, then certainly one of the users of the package wants to
become the maintainer.

Having maintainer-less packages promoted is irresponsible.

IRT the original e-mail, I'm all for dramatically lowering the promotion
requirements to a bare minimum. Maemo(MeeGo) is dead. People need to
accept it.