Da: maemo-developers-bounces@maemo.org [mailto:maemo-developers-bounces@maemo.org] Per conto di Andrew Flegg
Inviato: lunedì 12 dicembre 2011 18:51
A: robert bauer
Cc: maemo-developers
Oggetto: Re: promotion to extras

On 12 December 2011 17:44, robert bauer <nybauer@gmail.com> wrote:

> FWIW, the council (of which I am a member) suggested the idea of a
> limited number of "supertesters" to Nemein awhile ago. The approval
> of a single supertester would, in the absence of any disapproval, be
> sufficient for promotion. IMHO, there should be an open call for
> individuals to volunteer as supertesters but first crowdsource the
> qualifications so that we have an objective measure by which to select from the volunteers.

There are already "supertesters", of course. After 20 days quarantine, a net of 3 supertester votes is enough to carry a package through. The scope of supertesters, and the needed number of votes, may need to be revisited.

Cheers,

Andrew

--
Andrew Flegg -- mailto:andrew@bleb.org | http://www.bleb.org/ _______________________________________________
Re: R: promotion to extras [ In reply to ]
On 12/12/2011 08:19 PM, emme750@gmail.com wrote:
> You should also solve the problem of those applications that are ready to be promoted, but the maintainer is no longer "alive".
> For example, after one month of the release, the promotion may become automatic, or we should enable Supertester to do this.

This have been talked about, but stopped at a question - do you really
want orphaned packages published in Extras ? If a problem surfaces or a
bug gets reported, there is nobody to take care of it, and removal can
get really tricky (who gets final say as how broken it has to be to ask
Niels to remove it, what if there are other packages depending on the
orphaned one, etc).

Best regards,
Attila Csipa