I am looking for someone who can help me build a status bar widget to
display the location information. I understand some of how to program in QT
but GTK (which is what you are supposed to use to write status bar widgets)
is totally alien to me.

The widget I want to build would basically be similar to the (unfortunatly
closed source) connui-home-cellular widget (which displays the operator name)

Help with parsing and displaying the other non-location messages would be
nice too if anyone knows how to do that.
Re: Looking for some help/tutorials on status bar widgets for my "Cell Broadcast SMS" status bar widget [ In reply to ]
Hi Jonathan,

I would like to help with that.
The connui home plugin in is closed, but qwerty12 wrote a similiar statusbar
plugin (customoperator name plugin).

Nicolai

Re: Looking for some help/tutorials on status bar widgets for my "Cell Broadcast SMS" status bar widget [ In reply to ]
Hi,

If I understand correctly, you are talking about N900. If that's the
case, maybe looking at the example code helps:
https://maemo.gitorious.org/fremantle-hildon-desktop/libhildondesktop/trees/master/examples/status-menu

-Kimmo

Re: Looking for some help/tutorials on status bar widgets for my "Cell Broadcast SMS" status bar widget [ In reply to ]
2011/10/17 Jonathan Wilson <jfwfreo@tpgi.com.au>

> Nicolai Hess wrote:
>
>> Hi Jonathan,
>>
>> I would like to help with that.
>> The connui home plugin in is closed, but qwerty12 wrote a similiar
>> statusbar
>> plugin (customoperator name plugin).
>>
> Thank you, how can you help?

I can write the statusbar plugin
Just tell me how it should look or behave.

nicolai