I believe "python" is a meta-package anyway, it is for all
architectures and it is definitely installed. No amount of --force-all
and --ignore-depends=python will allow scratchbox-core to be installed
unfortunately and it is blocking my entire installation. I've followed
the rest of the guide more or less to the letter (my machine already
had the kernel workarounds for VDSO etc in place) so I'm stumped as to
why this is happening now.

Any ideas?
Re: scratchbox setup on ubuntu 64bit [ In reply to ]
Hi Oliver,

have you tried to install scratchbox manually using tarballs? You can launch
the Harmattan SDK install script after that to complete your setup.
That did the trick for me.

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 1:26 PM, Oliver <ohookins@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to set up Scratchbox again on my Ubuntu 11.04 64-bit
> machine. I've done this in the past and it has worked but this time
> around it is failing unexpectedly:
>
> dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of scratchbox-core:i386:
> scratchbox-core:i386 depends on python
>
> I believe "python" is a meta-package anyway, it is for all
> architectures and it is definitely installed. No amount of --force-all
> and --ignore-depends=python will allow scratchbox-core to be installed
> unfortunately and it is blocking my entire installation. I've followed
> the rest of the guide more or less to the letter (my machine already
> had the kernel workarounds for VDSO etc in place) so I'm stumped as to
> why this is happening now.
>
> Any ideas?

Luca Donaggio
Re: scratchbox setup on ubuntu 64bit [ In reply to ]
Hi!

python is not a metapackage:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/natty/python

--Daniil

Re: scratchbox setup on ubuntu 64bit [ In reply to ]
On 2 August 2011 13:39, Luca Donaggio <donaggio@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Oliver,
>
> have you tried to install scratchbox manually using tarballs? You can launch
> the Harmattan SDK install script after that to complete your setup.
> That did the trick for me.

No I haven't, as I've been trying to follow the "official"
instructions. I should also mention that I'm setting this up for
development on Fremantle but perhaps this doesn't make any difference?

Re: scratchbox setup on ubuntu 64bit [ In reply to ]
No, it doesn't. And I'm pretty sure there is a detailed howto for manual
Fremantle installation somewhere in a maemo.org wiki page.

--
Luca Donaggio
Re: scratchbox setup on ubuntu 64bit [ In reply to ]
There will be no harm if you install scratchbox packages before
running SDK installation script
http://www.scratchbox.org/download/files/sbox-releases/hathor/deb/amd64/
http://www.scratchbox.org/download/files/sbox-releases/hathor/deb/i386/
at least you will learn exact reason for dependency problem.

--Daniil

Re: scratchbox setup on ubuntu 64bit [ In reply to ]
Yes, it's wise.
Scratchbox Apophis (stable branch, predecessor of Hathor)

Re: scratchbox setup on ubuntu 64bit [ In reply to ]
So at some point my replies stopped going to the list... I must have
clicked the wrong button.

I have now got packages building and submitted to the autobuildbot
(and tested working on my device) so it seems the advice was a
success. So the question is, should the wiki then be updated to
reflect the different build-environment setup instructions that
actually work on modern systems?

Likewise, how can the maemo-sdk-install_5.0.sh script linked from
these instructions be updated?

I accept that it is effectively dead platform but I know there is much
community involvement still, and until I get an N950 dev device I'm
still going to be actively using and developing (or at least
maintaining) for my N900.

Re: scratchbox setup on ubuntu 64bit [ In reply to ]
Hi Oliver!

No problem, wiki allows editorial changes even without having an
maemo.org account:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/Maemo5_Final_Installation#Installing_Maemo_5_SDK_using_GUI_Installer

--Daniil

Re: scratchbox setup on ubuntu 64bit [ In reply to ]
OK, I am correcting this document but the SDK script is on the
repository: http://repository.maemo.org/stable/5.0/maemo-sdk-install_5.0.sh

If this needs to be updated to debian squeeze, how can I do that?

Re: scratchbox setup on ubuntu 64bit [ In reply to ]
I never got a reply to the below (to my knowledge), could anyone
comment on how to update this script below?