Mailing List Archive

Referendum 2015 (on the roles of Community Council and Maemo e.V.)
Dear Maemoans,

please see following announcement

on maemo.org: http://maemo.org/community/council/referendum_2015/

on talk.maemo.org: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1477233

And the (old) discussion
thread:http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93908 [1]

Attached you will find the full text in following formats: (html,
odt, NOT as pdf).

On behalf of the Community Council

Peter Leinchen

--

This is the short version:

Dear Community,

in order to finalize our move from Hildon Foundation to the Maemo
Community e.V. (MC eV), a referendum is called, which is supposed to
fix deficiencies in the Council Election Rules as well as in the
Articles of Association of MC eV. There will be two options:

- Yes, I accept MC eV Association Rules as our Community Council's
Rules and I endorse the amendment of MC eV Articles of Association as
described below.

- No, I do want Council rules to stay outside of MC eV and its
ruleset and have them as originally described. I’m aware that
Council then will have no say in any MC eV or maemo.org matters.

In other words...

…you vote option YES:

Rules around Maemo Community Council are adopted in order to fully
incorporate Council as a body of MC eV.

…you vote NO on the referendum:

The original Council election rules will remain as is. Council then
will be an interest grouping outside MC eV without a purpose, since
there'll be nobody to (officially) adress anymore. Council then will
be suspended from MC eV bylaws.

Either way, the referendum means a change of MC eV Articles of
Association as well as Association Rules, which can only be done by
GA. The referendum basically is an avowal for MC eV, an approval of
its bylaws and a mandate for MC eV to change them accordingly.

For those who did not follow the process, here’s a short
explanation in two parts (together with the affected rules, bylaws
paragraphs):

Read further for full information in the attached text and/or links.

Coincidence or not, the last paragraph somewhat closes a circle…
everybody can have his share of power by simply becoming a member. Get
involved yourself instead of just electing representatives (Council).

So in one month the voting booth will open and you can decide on
above mentioned changes and if Council will be recognized as a group
within the Maemo Community e.V. or not.

Profitieren Sie von der sicheren E-Mail-Ãœbertragung Ihrer Daten mit
einer kostenlosen E-Mail-Adresse der Telekom.
www.t-online.de/email-kostenlos

Profitieren Sie von der sicheren E-Mail-Ãœbertragung Ihrer Daten mit
einer kostenlosen E-Mail-Adresse der Telekom.
www.t-online.de/email-kostenlos

Links:
------
[1] http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93908
Referendum 2015 (on the roles of Community Council and Maemo e.V.) [ In reply to ]
Dear Maemoans,

please see following announcement

on maemo.org: http://maemo.org/community/council/referendum_2015/

on talk.maemo.org: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1477233

And the (old) discussion
thread:http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93908 [1]

Attached you will find the full text in following formats: (html, NOT
as odt, pdf).