Mailing List Archive

2015-01-06 Meeting Minutes
http://maemo.org/community/council/2015-01-06_meeting_minutes/

Meeting held 2015-01-06 on FreeNode, channel #maemo-meeting (logs
<http://mg.pov.lt/maemo-meeting-irclog/%23maemo-meeting.2015-01-06.log.html>
)

*Attending: *
William McBee (gerbick), Jussi Ohenoja (juiceme), Oksana Tkachenko
(Oksana/Wikiwide), Peter Leinchen (peterleinchen),
Philippe Coval (RzR),
Paul Healey (sixwheeledbeast), Rüdiger Schiller (chem|st),

*Partial: * Alexander Kozhevnikov (MentalistTraceur),
Falk Stern (warfare), Gido Griese (Win7Mac),

*Absent: *

*Summary of topics (ordered by discussion):*

- Results of election
- Handover meeting
- Miscellaneous

*Topic (Results of election): *

- Winners are Alexander Kozhevnikov (Mentalist Traceur), Peter Leinchen
(peterleinchen), William McBee (gerbick), Jussi Ohenoja (juiceme), and
Oksana A. Tkachenko (Wikiwide).
- The automatic calculation did/does not work, so the results were not
immediately available at their foreseen place
<http://maemo.org/vote/results.php?election_id=38>.
Juiceme did the calculation manually and posted the results on his server
<http://www.swagman.org/juice/election_results_q4_2014.html>.
Meanwhile they are available
<http://maemo.org/vote/results.php?election_id=38>, thanks to juiceme
feeding the database manually.
- Please see also this post on TMO
<http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1455133&postcount=45>.

*Topic (Handover meeting): *

- A "handover meeting" was held by inviting members of both Old Council
and New Council to join on IRC for this meeting.
- Suitable meeting time was decided upon as 21:00 UTC, Tuesday.
- Council mail-alias was updated by techstaff accordingly, to include
members of New Council.
- Council status on TMO was added by techstaff accordingly, for members
of New Council.
- Chair was elected.
Wikiwide was proposed by peterleinchen, seconded by gerbick, and
supported by MentalistTraceur; Wikiwide formally agreed.
gerbick was proposed by peterleinchen, and rejected the position.
No other proposals were put forth, since tradition is that first-timers
will be chosen, and juiceme, MentalistTraceur, and peterleinchen already
were Chairs previously.

*Topic (Miscellaneous): *

- Automatic calculation of results not working for the last election was
discussed.
As juiceme said: "the previous elections computed OK when I redid them,
but not this one."
Wikiwide suggested empty ballots as possible trigger for the confusion.
Mentalist Traceur volunteered to have a look at the php code
<https://toosa.swagman.org/svn/maemo_elections>.
- Mentioned:
IRC cloaks (ask sixwheeledbeast),
thumb target in auto-builder,
what's the GCC version on the autobuilder?
- Officially on record: Mentalist Traceur is really grateful to Aapo
Rantalainen for putting GCC 4.6 in the N900 community repos.

*Action Items:*

- -- old items:
- *Juiceme and chemist to clarify the bank account situation or e.V.*
- The selected Code of Conduct (KDE
<https://www.kde.org/code-of-conduct/>) still needs to be published
on (T)MO.
- -- new items:
- Next week's tasks: looking into automatic calculation of election
results ...
- possible action items: thumb target in auto-builder, GCC version in
auto-builder?
Re: 2015-01-06 Meeting Minutes [ In reply to ]
Thanks!

--
Sent from my Jolla