Regards
Peter Leinchen
on behalf of the Maemo Council
Re: Resignation of Joerg Reisenweber (DocScrutinizer*/joerg_rw) from Maemo Council [ In reply to ]
On Sat Oct 18 20:43:31 2014 Peter Leinchen <peterleinchen@t-online.de> wrote:
> Dear Community,
>
> we need to announce the following:
> "The council noticed that Joerg has decided to step down from his
> position as councillor due to personal reasons.  And hereby the
> remaining councillors (juiceme, RzR, peterleinchen) accept his
> resignation."
>
> The council understands the reasons leading to this step and would have
> liked to keep him as councillor. But we also need to accept him
> focussing on other tasks.

So, now, when someone (purposely) isn't even willing to announce own resignation on mailing list, Council writes it for him, putting words into his mouth and making up a reasoning - just to make it all look more civilized? What is it, a 1980's USSR?

I'm glad that this chapter is, finally, closed, and the source of 99,99% of Maemo's problems in last years is gone. But the way it is done is a pure joke, and not even a funny one.

Why can't we just state reality - that joerg did rage quit without willing to even announce it properly to Community (despite being repeatedly and politely asked to, by Council/Board) and that Council was forced to remove him?

This pest deserves to be recorded as one and only councilor in Maemo history, that tried to enforce his "rules" with so much disrespect to Maemo's bylaws, that there was need to kick him out. Writing a fairytale about "personal reasons" and "understanding of Council" is a face slap for anyone watching the whole mess, taking part in change in organization discussions, etc.

Please - pretend less to be A.D. 2014 western world's diplomats, and stay more connected to raw honesty.

/Estel
Re: Resignation of Joerg Reisenweber (DocScrutinizer*/joerg_rw) from Maemo Council [ In reply to ]
Post scriptum, for anyone too lazy to check sources:

> On Sat Oct 18 20:39:26 2014 Peter Leinchen <peterleinchen@t-online.de> wrote:
> http://maemo.org/community/council/2014-10-14_meeting_minutes/

>Topic (DocScrutinizer/joerg_rw stepped down from Council!):

>* Joerg kept quiet and did not see the need to announce his resignation on official channel to the community .
>* The council decided unanimously to do so for him on community mailing list.

...and then:

> On Sat Oct 18 20:43:31 2014 Peter Leinchen <peterleinchen@t-online.de>
> wrote:
> Dear Community,
>
> we need to announce the following:
> "The council noticed that Joerg has decided to step down from his
> position as councillor due to personal reasons.   And hereby the
> remaining councillors (juiceme, RzR, peterleinchen) accept his
> resignation."
>
> The council understands the reasons leading to this step and would have
> liked to keep him as councillor. But we also need to accept him
> focussing on other tasks.

Not my way of being honest with the Community, not to say that it's outright lie. I think that with the advent of new organization, we need to remind Council/Board about honesty driving the community, not silky-threaded words.

We really had enough people pushing bulls**t down out throats during all those years. Stop that.

/Estel
Re: Resignation of Joerg Reisenweber (DocScrutinizer*/joerg_rw) from Maemo Council [ In reply to ]
It's funny that you, the one everybody wanted to step down from council and all the mess you did, you are the one to complain. Especially trying to get more negative on Doc.Shut the f# up already!!!!
Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone. From: twilight312@gmail.comSent: Sunday, October 19, 2014 15:03To: List for community developmentReply To: twilight312@gmail.comSubject: Re: Resignation of Joerg Reisenweber (DocScrutinizer*/joerg_rw) from Maemo Council

Re: Resignation of Joerg Reisenweber (DocScrutinizer*/joerg_rw) from Maemo Council [ In reply to ]
Estel,

I mean this with all due respect. Actually, scratch that. Zero respect.
I have NO respect for you.

You are mentally ill. You have a problem. Just consider for one moment
that it is not the whole world that is at fault, it is in fact you. You
are the only consistent thing in all of the friction and angry interaction
you experience online and probably in your day to day life.

Joerg has done more for the maemo community than you can even comprehend.

I do not know why you have not been permabanned a long time ago.

As a (silent) maemo user, I appeal to the council, board of directors or
whoever is in charge now. Ban Estel. Ban Estel forever. Do not engage
with him. If he makes new email accounts, just ban them as well. No more
appeals or warnings. Nothing. Please. For the sake of every ones sanity.
Re: Resignation of Joerg Reisenweber (DocScrutinizer*/joerg_rw) from Maemo Council [ In reply to ]
In case anyone missed it, buried under fanboys screaming - my point is that Community DESERVES honesty from people representing it. Just "because.", but also because those that doesn't know history are doomed to repeat it, or so the say. It apply to our small-scale Maemo's history, too.

People that voted for joerg in last election deserve to know WHY he had to be removed by other Council members (no matter if they like the fact, or not). Same apply for new members that might join Community at later date.

What if the same pest (or one of his fanboys) re-appears after 2 or 3 years, candidating again, with his "awesome" vision of Community "development"? Who will we blame for people voting for him, if now we're lying on mailing list, replacing "disciplinary and forcibly removed from Council" with "honorably discharged due to personal reasons"?

Don't want to tickle too serious strings, but it happens all around us, in real world, too. Suddenly, comrade Stalin stop being murderer and becomes national hero - with the effects that we all know. Mass-lie have disastrous effects on Communities, no matter of scale - be it whole big nation, or small Community, like ours.

Apart from all this, it's just plain rude to push plain BS down the Community throat, for dubious "diplomatic" reasons. Simple as that.

/Estel
Re: Resignation of Joerg Reisenweber (DocScrutinizer*/joerg_rw) from Maemo Council [ In reply to ]
‎Actually I agree that everyone should know history of how Estel did nothing for community except talking too much, giving himself price of N950 when he was in council. Being kicked by other council members and keep spreading lies and judging other people.

Shut up already!!!

Re: Resignation of Joerg Reisenweber (DocScrutinizer*/joerg_rw) from Maemo Council [ In reply to ]
Wtf,

Estel still here?

Feel really sorry for rest of you guys!

Ossipena

Re: Resignation of Joerg Reisenweber (DocScrutinizer*/joerg_rw) from Maemo Council [ In reply to ]
While I don't mind (clearly, invaluable) input from long-absent individuals, that neither had anything to do nor have any idea about the problem at hand - I would still like to get some official answer from the person responsible for "annoucement" - why, in the thin line between "diplomatic" and "outright lie", it bends so much into the latter?

Peterleinchen - you know that I respect (and even, personally, like) you - could you explain that sudden need to write lies in official annoucements? I'm aware that it was decision of whole Council, but ou were the one writing it at the end, after all.

/Estel
Re: Resignation of Joerg Reisenweber (DocScrutinizer*/joerg_rw) from Maemo Council [ In reply to ]
twilight312@gmail.com kirjoitti Tue Oct 21 2014 16:41:27 GMT+0300 (EEST):
> While I don't mind (clearly, invaluable) input from long-absent individuals, that neither had anything to do nor have any idea about the problem at hand - I would still like to get some official answer from the person responsible for "annoucement" - why, in the thin line between "diplomatic" and "outright lie", it bends so much into the latter?
>
> Peterleinchen - you know that I respect (and even, personally, like) you - could you explain that sudden need to write lies in official annoucements? I'm aware that it was decision of whole Council, but ou were the one writing it at the end, after all.
>
> /Este

The decision to grant Joerg leave to step down from Councillor position was agreed unanimously by the Council.

We do recognize that there were non-solvable personal reasons leading to the event, but at the same time accept that we all take the future of Maemo Community as a matter of heart, only differing in opinion of which is the correct way to take.

There's no need for hostility nor gloating after the fact.

Yours, Jussi Ohenoja (speaking for the Council)

--
Sent from my Jollaphone