Mailing List Archive

Accepting nomination for Council
Being nominated for the upcoming council election (
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1430588&postcount=1) makes me both
proud, and happy, so after a bit of consideration time, I accept the
nomination (http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1430812&postcount=7).

I think most of You knows me. I am the one who bricked several Jolla
devices - but, also I am assisting and helping Jolla evolve, so that the
device wont suffer from stuff that is put on eg openrepos.
That is mainly what I do, break stuff kidding, but it does happen when
trying to improve things.
This kind of low.level work is what I adore. I am not a GUI guy, but prefer
to work on the very deep basics of our devices (eg packet injection,
monitoring mode on N9).
I have several devices, both Haramattan, Maemo, and SailfishOS based - yes
- also Android and iOS (Hardly use them LOL).
That being said, most of my development atm is happening on Jolla. Propably
like 75%, the remaining 25% is on Harmattan and to add it to 101%, I do
spend a few minutes a month on Maemo as well.
I will leave Maemo as for device - but will be using scratchbox for the
amount of development I will be doing.
I feel it better that I donate my N900 to the community and in this way
helps evolving that platform (this is already announced).
In my spare time, I am a father of two lovely daughters and a huisband.
Job wise, I am a compliance manager, working for a larger aquierer in
Denmark. I used to work as a professional penetration tester for a decade
or more. But its time to calm down, and do less travelling to enable family
time.

My maemo/garage account username is NielDK

http://talk.maemo.org/member.php?u=48018
https://garage.maemo.org/users/nieldk/

/Niel