Mailing List Archive

Nominating Stephen Gadsby for Hildon Foundation Board of Directors
I realize Stephen is likely to turn this down, given his past experiences with me and community council nominations, but I'm throwing this out here anyway. :D

I'd like to nominate Stephen Gadsby (sjgadsby) for the Hildon Foundation Board of Directors election. Stephen has been involved in this community since the early days. Many of you may not realize it, but Stephen is one of the major pillars of the Maemo Community. His contributions include efforts on bugzilla (including the creation and maintenance of weekly bug jar summaries for both the maemo.org and MeeGo bugzillas), documentation in and organization of the wiki, and his time as a super moderator for talk.maemo.org. Despite this, far fewer people recognize his nick than should. He is a humble and often-transparent contributor whose efforts should not go as unremarked as they often have.

Stephen is intimately familiar with the Maemo Community and its difficulties, and the level-headed, intelligent perspective he brings would be an asset for the board. His is a name I would be honored to see on the Hildon Foundation Board of Directors.