oops when I try to run ipvsadm -A -t ...

Anyone know a fix?

-Matt

Matthew S. Crocker
Vice President / Internet Division Email: matthew@crocker.com
Crocker Communications Phone: (413) 587-3350
PO BOX 710 Fax: (413) 587-3352
Greenfield, MA 01302-0710 http://www.crocker.com
Re: Bug in ip_vs_conn.c missing parameter line 969: [ In reply to ]
Hello,

On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Matthew S. Crocker wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm trying to build ipvs-0.2.5 on linux 2.4.2-ac20 and it fails with a
> problem in ipvs/ip_vs_conn.c on line 969: saying it needs another
> parameter. I added , NULL to the end and it compiled but I get a kernal
> oops when I try to run ipvsadm -A -t ...

LVS is not yet ported to the Zerocopy TCP/IP patches

> Anyone know a fix?
>
> -Matt

> Matthew S. Crocker
> Vice President / Internet Division Email: matthew@crocker.com
> Crocker Communications Phone: (413) 587-3350
> PO BOX 710 Fax: (413) 587-3352
> Greenfield, MA 01302-0710 http://www.crocker.com

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@ssi.bg>
Re: Bug in ip_vs_conn.c missing parameter line 969: [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 12:54:33PM -0500, Matthew S. Crocker mentioned:
> > LVS is not yet ported to the Zerocopy TCP/IP patches
> And that means?? Should I not use the Alan Cox patches? Would it work
> fine with a stock 2.4.2 kernel?

I don't think it works with netfilter's masquerading either.

Kate

--
When I say 'free', I mean 'free': free from bond, of chain or command:
to go where you will, even to Mordor, Saruman, if you desire. "
Re: Bug in ip_vs_conn.c missing parameter line 969: [ In reply to ]

Re: Bug in ip_vs_conn.c missing parameter line 969: [ In reply to ]
Hello,

On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Matthew S. Crocker wrote:

> > LVS is not yet ported to the Zerocopy TCP/IP patches
>
> And that means?? Should I not use the Alan Cox patches? Would it work
> fine with a stock 2.4.2 kernel?

My last (little) test was with 2.4.2

Re: Bug in ip_vs_conn.c missing parameter line 969: [ In reply to ]
Hello,

On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, John P . Looney wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 12:54:33PM -0500, Matthew S. Crocker mentioned:
> > > LVS is not yet ported to the Zerocopy TCP/IP patches
> > And that means?? Should I not use the Alan Cox patches? Would it work
> > fine with a stock 2.4.2 kernel?
>
> I don't think it works with netfilter's masquerading either.

Hm, more information, please!

Re: Bug in ip_vs_conn.c missing parameter line 969: [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 08:07:57PM +0200, Julian Anastasov mentioned:
> > I don't think it works with netfilter's masquerading either.
> Hm, more information, please!

On some tests I did with it, it panicked, hard-hung or just didn't work
at various times. I had a look in the mailing lists, and it seems that
it's a known problem...

Kate

Re: Bug in ip_vs_conn.c missing parameter line 969: [ In reply to ]
Hello,

On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, John P . Looney wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 08:07:57PM +0200, Julian Anastasov mentioned:
> > > I don't think it works with netfilter's masquerading either.
> > Hm, more information, please!
>
> On some tests I did with it, it panicked, hard-hung or just didn't work
> at various times. I had a look in the mailing lists, and it seems that
> it's a known problem...

Oops outputs and problem descriptions are welcome. I don't know
for problems in 0.2.5 except that 0.2.6 will come with a fix for a little
problem.

> Kate

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@ssi.bg>
Re: Bug in ip_vs_conn.c missing parameter line 969: [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 09:05:29PM +0200, Julian Anastasov mentioned:
> Oops outputs and problem descriptions are welcome. I don't know
> for problems in 0.2.5 except that 0.2.6 will come with a fix for a little
> problem.

If I go back to it, I'll send you in plenty (though I think we're going
to go with the iptables BALANCE module, with a few simple extenions)..

Kate