support SCTP in LVS? Is there any plans for it?
Please, anyone could give me a hint on this?

Martin
Re: SCTP??? [ In reply to ]
On 2001-02-07T15:29:49,
Martin Julien <martin.julien@ericsson.com> said:

> I was wondering how much effort would it take to
> support SCTP in LVS? Is there any plans for it?
> Please, anyone could give me a hint on this?

What is SCTP ?

Sincerely,
Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb@suse.de>

--
Perfection is our goal, excellence will be tolerated. -- J. Yahl
Re: SCTP??? [ In reply to ]
It stands for Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP). It is
basically another transport protocol, just like UDP and TCP. It runs
over IP and several SCTP stack implementations exist today, on Linux,
Free BSD, etc.The thing is that the IETF seems to put pressure on WGs to
adopt that transport layer, which is said to be a more viable solution
than TCP and UDP for several mission-critical types of applications.
Refer to RFC 2719 and RFC 2960.

Martin