Mailing List Archive

Re: sorry, there it is
Hi Tyrel,

I had a very short glance at it and I have some comments:
o Please, please, for heaven's sake: DO an incremental diff on top of the
cleaned (make mrproper) vanilla kernel patched with the ipvs-patch you
modified. It's close to impossible to see what you've changed and I'm
sure not everybody will run fine with your .config file.
o Check out line 46 of index.cgi: It's a small typo but showing up very
often so you see it too much
o You shouldn't hardcode the servers [sac* in your example]. This should
be read from the /proc or from a config file.
o May I suggest you change the ``print << EndOfHTML'' construct:
You can use either arrays, enumerate it, or a for-loop. It will be more
readable instead of 150 nearly duplicate lines. That's what scripting
languages are for. This applies to index.cgi and cluster.cgi. By doing
this you can reduce your code by a factor 4 and even make it more readable.
o Why did you write your own picture generator? There is mrtg or even
rrdtool (both very known and written by a good friend of mine)
http://ee-staff.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/
http://ee-staff.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/

Looking forward to your comments and consider the fact that I didn't look
very long at the code. Thank you for this contribution, the idea is nice.

Best regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz

--
mailto: `echo NrOatSz@tPacA.cMh | sed 's/[NOSPAM]//g'`