deleting the rule and re-adding an identical one with weight zero effect
active connections?

Brian.
Re: reweighting a server [ In reply to ]
Brian Edmonds wrote:

> Is there a single operation way to reweight a server? I'd like to
> rebuild the web software on one of my real servers without affecting any
> users, so I figure reweighting its lvs rule to zero and waiting for the
> active connections to go to zero before making any changes is the way to
> go. I don't see any ipvsadm options for changing a weight. Will
> deleting the rule and re-adding an identical one with weight zero effect
> active connections?

How about ipvsadm -e?

regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz

--
mailto: `echo NrOatSz@tPacA.cMh | sed 's/[NOSPAM]//g'`
Re: reweighting a server [ In reply to ]
Julian Anastasov <ja@ssi.bg> writes:
> there is ipvsadm -e option which is missing from the explanations in
> the man page but is in the short descriptions.

Ah, thanks. Silly me, reading the man page. :)

Brian.
Re: reweighting a server [ In reply to ]
Hello,

On 22 Nov 2000, Brian Edmonds wrote:

> Is there a single operation way to reweight a server? I'd like to
> rebuild the web software on one of my real servers without affecting any
> users, so I figure reweighting its lvs rule to zero and waiting for the
> active connections to go to zero before making any changes is the way to
> go. I don't see any ipvsadm options for changing a weight. Will
> deleting the rule and re-adding an identical one with weight zero effect
> active connections?

You are right, there is ipvsadm -e option which is missing
from the explanations in the man page but is in the short descriptions.

ipvsadm -e ... -w <weight>

> Brian.

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@ssi.bg>
Re: reweighting a server [ In reply to ]
ipvsadm -E vsname:vsport -r rsname:rsport -w [weight]. You can get info
from the ipvsadm man but weight can be from 0 to 65535,

Hayden Myers
Skyline Network Technologies
hayden@spinbox.com
(888)917-1600x120