Might there be a problem with all machines being on one switch?
Or does the setup with one network doesn´t work at all?
Sorry for asking this on the list, but the archives didn´t bring me
a solution.

Christian
--
we reject: kings,presidents, religions
we accept: working code
Re: setup question / default gateways [ In reply to ]
Christian Lox wrote:

> My problem is that all machines are in the same public adress-range
> (192.168.10.0/24).
> If I run rc.lvs_nat on the director everything seems fine,but if I
> run it an the realservers I get the following output:
> error: the path to the director's default gw does not go through the
> director.

the default gw for the real-servers needs to be the director. (I presume
you have this already).

The next problem is that because you have only one network, icmp
redirects changed the default gw for the real-servers to be the director's gw
giving you the above error.

The HOWTO says you can't set up a VS-NAT on one network. This
is not true now.

On the director do this before you run your rc.lvs_nat script.

echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/send_redirects
echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/default/send_redirects
echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eth0/send_redirects

(this will be in the next version of the configure script).

when you've run rc.lvs_nat, cat those files to make sure that the
values are still correct.

If you have a setup that has already sent a round of icmp redirects,
you're going to have to expire or flush the effects of the redirects
before it will work with the new setup. I don't know how to force this.
Just try it and hope they've expired. If the redirects have expired,
you won't get the error message.

Just for my info, please let me know if this works (or not).

thanks
Joe
mailto:mack.joseph@epa.gov ph# 919-541-0007, RTP, NC, USA
Re: setup question / default gateways [ In reply to ]
Joseph Mack schrieb:

> Christian Lox wrote:
>
> > My problem is that all machines are in the same public adress-range
> > (192.168.10.0/24).
> > If I run rc.lvs_nat on the director everything seems fine,but if I
> > run it an the realservers I get the following output:
> > error: the path to the director's default gw does not go through the
> > director.
>
> the default gw for the real-servers needs to be the director. (I presume
> you have this already).

yes, I did this.

> The next problem is that because you have only one network, icmp
> redirects changed the default gw for the real-servers to be the director's gw
> giving you the above error.
>
> The HOWTO says you can't set up a VS-NAT on one network. This
> is not true now.

Oops. Did read it 3 times and seem to have been overlooking some
things.
Will read it once again this evening!

> On the director do this before you run your rc.lvs_nat script.
>
> echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/send_redirects
> echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/default/send_redirects
> echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eth0/send_redirects
>
> (this will be in the next version of the configure script).
>
> when you've run rc.lvs_nat, cat those files to make sure that the
> values are still correct.

This did work so far.

> If you have a setup that has already sent a round of icmp redirects,
> you're going to have to expire or flush the effects of the redirects
> before it will work with the new setup. I don't know how to force this.
> Just try it and hope they've expired. If the redirects have expired,
> you won't get the error message.
>
> Just for my info, please let me know if this works (or not).

Same result as before.
No luck today.
Will try tomorrow. If it does not work I think I set up another
network for testing.

Anyway, thanks for the fast reply!
Christian
Re: setup question / default gateways [ In reply to ]
Christian Lox wrote:

> > The HOWTO says you can't set up a VS-NAT on one network. This
> > is not true now.

well people posting on the list here have got it to work. I haven't tried
it myself.

> Same result as before.

didn't work here either.
Let me have a look at it.

Re: setup question / default gateways [ In reply to ]
Christian Lox wrote:

> Same result as before.

OK got it to work here.

remove any other route entries for your network on the real-servers
(in netstat -rn)

the only way out of the real-servers has to be the default gw
and the default gw is the director.