setsockopt failed: No such file or directory
Scheduler not found: ip_vs_rr.o
setsockopt failed: No such process

I've applied the 2.2.17 patch and was pretty sure I covered everything.
What does this message mean?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
-Davison
Re: LVS-NAT installation [ In reply to ]
"Avery (yi) Davison" wrote:

> I'm getting this as part of the output when I run rc.lvs_nat:
>
> setsockopt failed: No such file or directory
> Scheduler not found: ip_vs_rr.o
> setsockopt failed: No such process
> I've applied the 2.2.17 patch and was pretty sure I covered everything.
> What does this message mean?

mhhm, this message is generated from ipvsadm when trying to
setsockopt. And fortunately some good ghost prints out the
most common error messages instead of just ENOENT in IP_MASQ_CMD_ADD
or IP_MASQ_CMD_SET.

What does 'depmod -av | grep ip_vs' show? It should be:
/lib/modules/2.2.17/ipv4/ip_vs_rr.o
/lib/modules/2.2.17/ipv4/ip_vs_wrr.o
/lib/modules/2.2.17/ipv4/ip_vs_lc.o
/lib/modules/2.2.17/ipv4/ip_vs_wlc.o
/lib/modules/2.2.17/ipv4/ip_vs_lblc.o
/lib/modules/2.2.17/ipv4/ip_vs_lblcr.o

If this is not the case, compile the kernel with the ip_vs_* modules
support and do a 'make modules modules_install && depmod -a'

If so try to load the module by hand. 'insmod ip_vs_rr'. If this works
you're fine and ipvsadm not. But will not be the case.

> Any help would be appreciated.

HTH,
Roberto Nibali, ratz

--
mailto: `echo NrOatSz@tPacA.cMh | sed 's/[NOSPAM]//g'`
Re: LVS-NAT installation [ In reply to ]
you need to do insmod on your module, the one that you want to use for
example if you want to use RR then
insmod lib/modules/2.2.14/ipv4/ip_vs_rr.o

The path maybe different on your system so please check your system and do
the needful
Hope this helps

Aditya