Mailing List Archive

[lvs-users] Particular behavior in 4 nodes setup
Hello guys, I have this setup:

Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
-> RemoteAddress:Port Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
TCP mx-vip-01:25 wrr
-> mx-node-01:25 Route 1 0 0
-> mx-node-02:25 Route 1 0 0
-> mx-node-03:25 Route 1 0 0
-> mx-node-04:25 Route 1 0 0

But when I check incoming connections from the MTAs only 2 nodes work and 2
stay idle.

They are all virtual machines w/ clones from the same template, this
behavior occurs a little after ipvsadm is set up.

2 random nodes "work" and 2 "rest", how should or can I debug this? Since
RR should provide me a 25% coverage on all nodes, right?

If any more info is needed, just say.

Thank you in advice,

Kind Regards,

--
[ ]'s

Filipe Cifali Stangler
Re: [lvs-users] Particular behavior in 4 nodes setup [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 2013-04-22 at 10:09 -0300, Filipe Cifali wrote:
> But when I check incoming connections from the MTAs only 2 nodes work and 2
> stay idle.

It sounds like a variant of the "ARP problem".

Is the traffic going directly to the MX servers, rather than through the
director?

Graeme

Re: [lvs-users] Particular behavior in 4 nodes setup [ In reply to ]
I'll check, I should use ipvsadm -c --rate --stats to see how te traffic
flows?

I set them as gateway and the 2 nodes that are active fully work w/o
problems.

2013/4/23 Graeme Fowler <graeme@graemef.net>

> On Mon, 2013-04-22 at 10:09 -0300, Filipe Cifali wrote:
> > But when I check incoming connections from the MTAs only 2 nodes work
> and 2
> > stay idle.
>
> It sounds like a variant of the "ARP problem".
>
> Is the traffic going directly to the MX servers, rather than through the
> director?
>
> Graeme

[ ]'s

Filipe Cifali Stangler
Re: [lvs-users] Particular behavior in 4 nodes setup [ In reply to ]
The traffic flows from director to MX servers, then the MX servers take the
connection for themselves.

They are all VMs deployed from the same template.

Still, I keep getting this strange behavior... A TCPDump shows not a single
TCP/UDP/Anything for 2 servers "idle".

--
[ ]'s

Filipe Cifali Stangler