sameer

http://bol.rediff.com

Participate in crazy auctions at http://auctions.rediff.com/auctions/
Re: NAT [ In reply to ]
Hi Sameer,

What exactly do you think has your request to do with your subject
NAT?

Sameer Maggon wrote:

> hi,
>
> I am developing an appl. and have a small query
>
> 1. I have a LB (LINUX)
> 2. I have no of servers (linux)

Maybe you should provide a little bit more then this ...

> Now if a request comes... LB should automatically
> divert to less load server...

This depends on the scheduler you choose and it's all in the
howto on the lvs website.

> Can ne body help or guide me how to do this

Please read at least the intro of the howto or some info pages
on www.linux-vs.org. It looks to me as if you haven't yet read
either the howto, the man-page of ipvsadm or any other document
related to the Linux Virtual Server Project.

Best regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz

--
mailto: `echo NrOatSz@tPacA.cMh | sed 's/[NOSPAM]//g'`
Re: NAT [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 23 Mar 2001, Matthias Weimann wrote:

> Ok: the next setup question.
> What are the virtual interfaces on the director for ?

it's the publically advertised IP for the LVS

> In the easiest way, one client, director, one real server all in the same
> network I think I only need one interface. I make the default route on the
> real server to the director and on the director I only need the tow lines
> ipvsadm -A -t 10.10.10.31:80 rr
> ipvsadm -a -t 10.10.10.31:80 -R 10.10.10.21:80 -m
> the client is 10.10.10.30

yes

> what is with the masquarading on the director.

I don't understand this question.

I`ve tried with and without
> but it won`t work. I´ve turned off icmp redirects like in the how to 11.6
> but it wont work. the director is counting the InActConn but the client
> won`t get the page.

We've only just figured outhow to setup a VS-NAT LVS on one net.
The documentation will be in the next version of the HOWTO.
You could look on the mailing list archives
for discussion on "one net VS-NAT"

the text that will be in the next HOWTO is at

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-virtual-server&m=97985044222531&w=2

Joe

--
Joseph Mack mack@ncifcrf.gov