Mailing List Archive

IPVS 0.2.7 available
Hi,

I just uploaded ipvs 0.2.7 to the LVS web site. This time we did a lot of
testings before releasing this version, this one should be quite stable.
:)

IP Virtual Server Netfilter module - Version 0.2.7 - March 22, 2001

Changes:
* Removing the unnecessary strict buffer boundary checking,
because the kernel proc buffer already leave some slack (1024
bytes) for overruns. Thank Julian for pointing it out for me.

* Changed to use 64-bit variables for byte counters instead of
32-bit. Thank Julian and Ratz for suggesting this feature and the
help.

* Fixed the wrong printing in /proc/net/ip_vs, which was
introduced in 0.2.6, and removed all the compiling warnings when
ipvs is built in the kernel. Thank Julian and Ratz for the help
too.

* Added many checking that if schedulers or application helpers
are not modules, don't increase/decrease their use_count. Thank
Bruno Cornec <Bruno_Cornec@hp.com> for reporting the kernel crashs
when everything is built into kernel (no modules).

* Clarified some declarations of ip_vs_stats and __ip_vs_svc_lock
so that ipvs can be built into kernel with the SMP option, and
claried some inconsistent declarations of fwmark too.

* ipvsadm updates
fixed some warning while compiling config_stream.c and
dynamic_array.c.
fixed the error result of "ipvsadm -R" and "ipvsadm -S".
added ipvsadm-save and ipvsadm-restore man pages.
added the "-n" option into ipvsadm-save.
changed Makefile so that it can install ipvsadm.sh, ipvsadm-save
and ipvsadm-restore to the right places.
added trying to request the ip_vs module when the ipvs service
isn't available. Thank Joe for suggesting this feature.

Your testings and comments are still very welcome. ;)

Thanks,

Wensong