Mailing List Archive

IOException
Hello Lucene friends

I am encountering a serious problem while I am reading the indexes
I stored in the database using

IndexSearcher tempSearcher = new IndexSearcher(new IndexStore());
where "IndexStore.java" is the java file I used to
track my indexing and searching.
Indexed files I am storing in Openbase database.

When I went deeply it is found that the function

InputStream openFile(String name) is giving the exception

The error is
Could not perform search because:
class java.io.IOException - read past EOF
java.io.IOException: read past EOF

I am using Lucene2 cadidate3(latest downloaded). Any solutions for this
will be greatfully appreciated.

regards

Pradeep

RE: IOException [ In reply to ]
Pradeep,
I have seen this error when there were format problems with my input file. I
use lucene to index XML, so typically I see this when I don't follow my DTD.
Hope this helps.