here...

Thanks,

Tom
Re: Strange NullPointerException error [ In reply to ]
Hi

Tom Barrett wrote:Ran into a problem when searching a Lucene index using the latest version of

> the code. I tried to do a phrase query (something like +field:"day tripp")
> and got a NullPointerException. This construct works fine when there is
> something matching in the index, but seems to blow up when there is not.
> Attached is a small test case...let me know if I'm doing something wrong
> here...

That is exactly the same NPE as mine. I can reproduce it on my system with a
query like '+test:"fdsafd dsafds" '

regards,

Manfred

RE: Strange NullPointerException error [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I think I also had a problem like that.

I'm running lucene-1.2-rc3 with Tomcat 4.0.1 and I'm having a problem with a very specific phrase query that is throwing a
NullPointerException. I have indexed an HTML document with the title "JavaServer Pages(TM): A Developer's Perspective" and I get the
exception when I perform a search for "javaserver pages". The stack trace is as follows. BTW, I'm using Lucene's QueryParser with
Lucene's StopAnalyzer. Other phrase queries worked just fine.

Please let me know if there's any other test I can run or anything else I can do to help diagnosing this problem.

Best regards,

--Daniel

RE: Strange NullPointerException error [ In reply to ]
Hi

I've just tried with lucene-1.2-rc2 (same index and queries) and didn't have any problem. Looks like something introduced after rc2
is broken.

--Daniel