Mailing List Archive

Assertion error with NumericDocValues.advanceExact
Stack trace:

java.lang.AssertionError

at org.apache.lucene.codecs.lucene90.IndexedDISI$Method$1.advanceExactWithinBlock(IndexedDISI.java:567)

at org.apache.lucene.codecs.lucene90.IndexedDISI.advanceExact(IndexedDISI.java:461)

at org.apache.lucene.codecs.lucene90.Lucene90DocValuesProducer$SparseNumericDocValues.advanceExact(Lucene90DocValuesProducer.java:453)

Lucene 9.80 with a 9.80 index.

Everything seems to work fine if I run it with assertions disabled.

This is a large project which I can’t share.

CheckIndex didn’t find any problems.

Erel
Re: Assertion error with NumericDocValues.advanceExact [ In reply to ]
Hello,

Can you check if you are running advanceExact on decreasing doc IDs or on
doc IDs that are outside of the valid range [0, maxDoc)? If you have
Lucene's test framework on your classpath, these checks can be added
automatically by using AssertingIndexSearcher instead of IndexSearcher to
run queries.

--
Adrien
RE: Assertion error with NumericDocValues.advanceExact [ In reply to ]
Thank you Adrien, you are correct!
There was an out of order call.

--
Adrien