I am getting this error when I have tried migrating from lucene 7.3 to 8.5.1
cannot change field "abc" from index options=DOCS to inconsistent index
options=DOCS_AND_FREQS_AND_POSITIONS
can I know the issue ?
what should I change ?
thanks in advance.

Thanks&Regards,
Adarsh Sunilkumar
Re: Lucene Migration issue [ In reply to ]
This just means you previously indexed only docis (skipping term
frequencies, positions) for at least one of the fields in at least one
document in your existing index.

But now you are trying to also index with term frequencies and positions,
which Lucene cannot do.

You either have to reindex with IndexOptions.DOCS_AND_FREQS_AND_POSITIONS,
or keep your old index but index that offending field with
IndexOptions.DOCS.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: Lucene Migration issue [ In reply to ]
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the information. Does the error has any relationship with this
patch ttps://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-8134
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-8134>

Thanks& Regards,
Adarsh Sunilkumar

Re: Lucene Migration issue [ In reply to ]
Ahh, yes is does! That is the change that made Lucene catch this mis-use,
whereas previously it would silently throw things away (term frequencies
and positions).

If you want to simply continue throwing things away like Lucene did before,
without rebuilding your index, switch your indexing to IndexOptions.DOCS.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

On Mon, Jun 8, 2020 at 2:07 AM Adarsh Sunilkumar <

Re: Lucene Migration issue [ In reply to ]
Hi Michael,

Thanks for your information.

Thanks&Regards,
Adarsh Sunilkumar

Re: Lucene Migration issue [ In reply to ]
You're welcome!

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

On Mon, Jun 8, 2020 at 10:48 AM Adarsh Sunilkumar <