X...

Thanks for any pointers!-)

PA.

Re: Lucene for OSX? [ In reply to ]
The only thing that I can think of right now is omseek on sf.net, but
that project seems somewhat dead. I think that is in C or C++.

Otis

RE: Lucene for OSX? [ In reply to ]
Java is an integral component of the OS X system - I haven't had any trouble
running current versions of Lucene on it.

- Chris

Re: Lucene for OSX? [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday, July 16, 2002, at 03:41 , Otis Gospodnetic wrote:

> The only thing that I can think of right now is omseek on sf.net, but
> that project seems somewhat dead. I think that is in C or C++.

Thanks. I also found something called Onix (http://www.lextek.com/onix/)

Anybody have any experience with it? And how it compare to Lucene?

Thanks.

PA.

RE: Lucene for OSX? [ In reply to ]
Hi PA,

How about this? I think it's what they use for Sherlock.

Apple Information Access Toolkit (AIAT)
http://www.devworld.apple.com/dev/aiat/

I have an Objective C WebObjects 4.5 application running on Mac OS X Server
1.2 that uses it to directly search the blobs of an OpenBase database.

I believe that it is written in C++, but it can easily be wrapped.

Regards
James Brook

Re: Lucene for OSX? [ In reply to ]
I don't have any experience with it, but I believe lextek stuff is not
free. The author is very involved with text searching (wouldn't be
surprised if he were on Lucene list(s)), just look him up. Maybe you
can judge the software on that.

Re: Lucene for OSX? [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday, July 16, 2002, at 03:46 , Chris van Mels wrote:

> Java is an integral component of the OS X system - I haven't had any
> trouble
> running current versions of Lucene on it.

Yes. I know. I could use the Java bridge to use Lucene as it is now.
However, I would like to avoid the bridge. That's all.

Nothing personal :-)

PA.

RE: Lucene for OSX? [ In reply to ]
It looks like it's available for FTP download as an 'SDK' on this page
http://developer.apple.com/sdk/

I have no idea whether this is up-to-date or compatible with the latest OS
X.