Query objects.

In hopes to provide some better understanding, there is now a Query Parser
Syntax document available which describes the features of this
implementation and some examples.

http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/queryparsersyntax.html

It is also located in the resources menu on the Lucene web site.

I hope this proves helpful.

--Peter

Re: Query Parser Syntax documentation now available [ In reply to ]
Peter,

What do you mean with

"This will make documents with the term IBM appear more relevant. You can
also boost Phrase Terms as in the example: "

Where is the example with "IBM" ?

I think that the example
"jakarta apache"^4 "jakarta lucene"
could be
"IBM"^4 "jakarta lucene"

Thanks,
William.

Re: Query Parser Syntax documentation now available [ In reply to ]
Thanks for the catch William,

I changed the examples at the last minute.

The term IBM should be replaced by jakarta so the query should be

Jakarta^4 apache

I have updated the text on the web site.

--Peter