Concurrency in Lucene.
I´m starting a new project using lucene where all forms filled by users are indexed and
I ´m wondering about the possibility of concurrency problems...
Have someone got concurrency problems using lucene?
Any advice or experience's share will be inevaluable!!

Regards,

Flavio Regis de Arruda
flavio.arruda@promon.com.br
Re: Concurrency in Lucene. [ In reply to ]
Flavio,

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 12:14:56PM -0300, Flavio Arruda wrote:

> I?m starting a new project using lucene where all forms filled by
> users are indexed and I ?m wondering about the possibility of
> concurrency problems... Have someone got concurrency problems using
> lucene? Any advice or experience's share will be inevaluable!!

In general, Doug has stated and people have found Lucene to be
thread safe. Specifically, the index searcher is thread safe and the
index writer is thread safe. The query parser is *not* thread safe
(so each thread using the index should have its own query parser).

The index writer is thread safe, so you can update the index
while people are searching it. However, you then have to make sure
that the threads with open index searchers close them and open new
ones, to get the newly updated data.

Steven J. Owens
puff@darksleep.com