creationDate>dateVar".

TIA
Pradeep

Re: Custom queries [ In reply to ]
name != pradeep ==> -name:pradeep

I think there is also support for the date query below, but I haven't
used it yet, so I don't want to give you any wrong information.

Otis

Re: Custom queries [ In reply to ]
Hi all

thanks Otis.

I want to make my question bit more clearer
As we know we can create a query by

Query qr=QueryParser.parse(strToFind,keyword,new StandardAnalyzer())

Is it possible to pass
strToFind = "name!=pradeep and creationDate>dateVar" (or
as specified by Otis -name:pradeep ) and keyword as null

Query qr=QueryParser.parse(strToFind,null,new StandardAnalyzer());

so that it should return a lucene query corresponding for strToFind I
specified.
The reason for my doubt is in my webObjects application I will be
creating a custom queryString according to the users selection on the
web page and I want to pass the same query String to lucene.

TIA
Pradeep