primary key from DataBase (each key is in different document). Is there a
way that I can retrieve all documents from index ? I need to validate if
all records is indexed.

I try search for * but it return empty result.

I'm using StandardAnalyzer with Field.KeyWord for the PrimayKey field and
everything else is Field.Text

Thanks for your help.

TihonOne

Re: Retrieve all documents from Index, How to? [ In reply to ]
This is a FAQ, please check the FAQ before asking.
http://www.jguru.com/faq/view.jsp?EID=587213

Otis

Re: Retrieve all documents from Index, How to? [ In reply to ]
Hi One,
Try to do something like this

doc.add(Field.Text("type","product"));

for all records.

Then.... search for type:product
It will return all the records.
William.

RE: Retrieve all documents from Index, How to? [ In reply to ]
Dear Otis Gospodnetic,
these parantheses seem (and are) rather unnecessary, but users of my program
can fill in textfields and boolean-radiobuttons and then the program will
make a query out of it. My program has a lot of fields (about twenty) and a
query will for that reason often get rather complicated. I thought about it
and made a query-maker-tool that would also take care of the right use of
parentheses. As a result there are sometimes parentheses that are not
useful, but are a side-effect of this tool. I thought this would not lead to
any problems, unfortunately I had not thought about my StopFilter.
But with a more common query, the problem will also occur:
(field : xxxx AND field : yyyyy) OR (field : stopword AND field : stopword)
In this case I get a nullpointer-exception.

I am afraid I deleted your mail by accident. Could you please mail me the
adress you gave me for reporting the bug a second time?
Thanks,
Puk Witte

PS If there is someone else who could help me, please react!