Is there any examples or documentation doing this with XML, or have I to
code an " IndexXML " ?

thanks.

RE : XML indexer [ In reply to ]
Romain and all searching for an XML indexer,

> I am trying to do something like the demo given with lucene last
> distribution, but indexing XMl file.
>
> Is there any examples or documentation doing this with XML,
> or have I to
> code an " IndexXML " ?

You ca take a look at SDX at http://sdx.culture.fr, built on top of
Cocoon and Lucene. Very flexible indexing of SDX documents with Lucene.
Documentation in french.

Martin Sévigny

Re: XML indexer [ In reply to ]
RAYMOND Romain wrote:

> hello,
>
> I am trying to do something like the demo given with lucene last
> distribution, but indexing XMl file.
>
> Is there any examples or documentation doing this with XML, or have I to
> code an " IndexXML " ?

ISOGEN has developed a generic XML indexer for Lucene:
http://www.isogen.com/papers/lucene_xml_indexing.html

The core code can be extended in any number of directions, for example,
to optimize it for particular document types, integrate it with document
repositories, etc.

My collegue Brandon Jockman, who did the hard work of integrating this
technique into one of our customer's systems will be presenting a paper
on his experience at the XML Europe conference in Barcelona, Spain in
May (http://www.idealliance.org/.

Cheers,

E.
--
W. Eliot Kimber, eliot@isogen.com
Consultant, ISOGEN International

1016 La Posada Dr., Suite 240
Austin, TX 78752 Phone: 512.656.4139

Re: XML indexer [ In reply to ]
Thanks,
I have done it using the demo example given with Lucene version. I just
modify
HTMLDocument and indexHTML to support XMl based on a DOM parser.

Re: XML indexer [ In reply to ]
Hi,

You can check out the contribution area of lucene web site, I think there
are currently 3 examples of this.

--Peter