Mailing List Archive

phrase query and slop factor
What must be slop factor to allow any combination of word in phrase?

--
Norbert Pabi¶

Re: phrase query and slop factor [ In reply to ]
Wouldn't that depend on how far from each other you wanted to allow
them to be? If you have a document with 100 words indexed and you are
searching for "first second" wouldn't you have to set the slop to about
100, just in case the word 'first' is the very first word in the
document, and 'second' is the very last work in your document?
I haven't used slop factor, so this is only theory :)

Otis

RE: phrase query and slop factor [ In reply to ]
Just dont make it a phrase query. Remember a phrase is a set string. Your
talking about combinations of non set strings.

Re: phrase query and slop factor [ In reply to ]
Rather not.
Terms in phrase query are ordered and slop factor specifies how much
unordered they can be.

Otis Gospodnetic wrote:

> Wouldn't that depend on how far from each other you wanted to allow
> them to be? If you have a document with 100 words indexed and you are
> searching for "first second" wouldn't you have to set the slop to about
> 100, just in case the word 'first' is the very first word in the
> document, and 'second' is the very last work in your document?
> I haven't used slop factor, so this is only theory :)
>
> Otis
>
> --- Norbert Pabi¶ <npabis@e-point.pl> wrote:
> > What must be slop factor to allow any combination of word in phrase?
> >
> > --
> > Norbert Pabi¶
> >
> > --

Norbert Pabi¶