Mailing List Archive

Lucene-created files
Hi,

Does anyone know the significance of the files that are generated by Lucene? I know they are essentially the term index, however I need to have a full understanding of them.

Also, they look encrypted... can anyone confirm this?

Melissa
RE: Lucene-created files [ In reply to ]
Hi,

They're not encrypted. I can't help you with that but I remember seeing previous messages regarding their contents. You might want
to take a look at the archives (http://www.mail-archive.com/lucene-dev@jakarta.apache.org/) or, better yet, the source code ;-)

Regards,

--Daniel

RE: Lucene-created files [ In reply to ]
This document is by no means complete, but it might get you started. My approach was to execute some code and look at the files using a hex editor. Then I began looking for the file extensions in code and trying to decipher them. I have had time to get very far and some of my initial assumptions might be incorrect. But once again, it might get you started.

Good luck,

Mark Tucker

Re: Lucene-created files [ In reply to ]
Thanks for your help!!

I'll let you know how it goes.

Melissa.

They're not encrypted. I can't help you with that but I remember seeing
to take a look at the archives
(http://www.mail-archive.com/lucene-dev@jakarta.apache.org/) or, better yet,
the source code ;-)

Regards,