and our community,

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com
Re: Welcome Stefan Vodita as Lucene committter [ In reply to ]
Welcome, Stefan!
Dawid

Re: Welcome Stefan Vodita as Lucene committter [ In reply to ]
Congratulations and welcome!

Re: Welcome Stefan Vodita as Lucene committter [ In reply to ]
Welcome Stefan.

-Chris.

Re: Welcome Stefan Vodita as Lucene committter [ In reply to ]
Welcome and Congrats, Stefan.

Patrick

Re: Welcome Stefan Vodita as Lucene committter [ In reply to ]
Welcome Stefan!

On Thu, Jan 18, 2024 at 6:10?PM Patrick Zhai <zhai7631@gmail.com> wrote:

> Welcome and Congrats, Stefan.
>
> Patrick
>
> On Thu, Jan 18, 2024, 08:45 Chris Hegarty
> <christopher.hegarty@elastic.co.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Welcome Stefan.
>>
>> -Chris.
>>
>> > On 18 Jan 2024, at 15:53, Michael McCandless <lucene@mikemccandless.com>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi Team,
>> >
>> > I'm pleased to announce that Stefan Vodita has accepted the Lucene
>> PMC's invitation to become a committer!
>> >
>> > Stefan, the tradition is that new committers introduce themselves with
>> a brief bio.
>> >
>> > Congratulations, welcome, and thank you for all your improvements to
>> Lucene and our community,
>> >
>> > Mike McCandless
>> >
>> > http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Adrien
Re: Welcome Stefan Vodita as Lucene committter [ In reply to ]
Welcome, Stefan!
--------------------------
*Alessandro Benedetti*
Director @ Sease Ltd.
*Apache Lucene/Solr Committer*
*Apache Solr PMC Member*

e-mail: a.benedetti@sease.io

*Sease* - Information Retrieval Applied
Consulting | Training | Open Source

Website: Sease.io <http://sease.io/>
LinkedIn <https://linkedin.com/company/sease-ltd> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/seaseltd> | Youtube
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDx86ZKLYNpI3gzMercM7BQ> | Github
<https://github.com/seaseltd>

Re: Welcome Stefan Vodita as Lucene committter [ In reply to ]
Welcome Stefan!

Re: Welcome Stefan Vodita as Lucene committter [ In reply to ]
Congratulations and welcome, Stefan!

On Thu, Jan 18, 2024 at 7:55?AM Michael McCandless <

--
Anshum Gupta
Re: Welcome Stefan Vodita as Lucene committter [ In reply to ]
Congratulations Stefan!

Re: Welcome Stefan Vodita as Lucene committter [ In reply to ]
Congrats Stefan!

Re: Welcome Stefan Vodita as Lucene committter [ In reply to ]
Welcome, Stefan!

Re: Welcome Stefan Vodita as Lucene committter [ In reply to ]
Congratulations Stefan!

I look forward to reading your posts

~martin
________________________________

Re: Welcome Stefan Vodita as Lucene committter [ In reply to ]
Hello Stefan, welcome!

Re: Welcome Stefan Vodita as Lucene committter [ In reply to ]
Welcome Stefan! Glad to have you!

Re: Welcome Stefan Vodita as Lucene committter [ In reply to ]
Welcome! Congratulations.

http://www.needhamsoftware.com (work)
https://a.co/d/b2sZLD9 (my fantasy fiction book)
Re: Welcome Stefan Vodita as Lucene committter [ In reply to ]
Thank you all! It's an honor to join the project as a committer.

I'm originally from a small town in southern Romania
<https://maps.app.goo.gl/fz3Ju683kF91MmbT7>, so I'm really looking
forward to seeing #12172 <https://github.com/apache/lucene/pull/12172>
resolved, since both the characters in question (?, ?)
are supposed to show up in my name.

In university <https://maps.app.goo.gl/D93VnxFEeRrZFHJs9>, I had professors
who contributed to open software <https://github.com/unikraft> and I was
lucky enough to be given a taste of the open source world. I had become a
teaching assistant for a few of the courses (Data Structures, Control
Theory),
and it had crossed my mind to stay at the university. Then I got an offer to
come work at Amazon, in Ireland <https://maps.app.goo.gl/25nSmtv87hZ2mcKv5>.
They gave me a list of teams I could join that
only had the names of the teams - I thought Search Engine Tech sounded the
coolest. I was right! That's how I first learned about Lucene and started
working with/on it. It's a privilege, Lucene is an amazing piece of
software and
I'm proud to be contributing.

Outside programming, I like history and philosophy. I've been a voracious
reader basically since I learned how to read. Recently, I've been going down
a spiral of increasingly obscure books, but nothing has topped Dostoevsky's
classic, The Brothers Karamazov
<https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/4934>. Knowing books also happens
to be useful
for thinking up faceting examples
<https://communityovercode.org/past-sessions/community-over-code-na-2023/#SH004>,
so that's a plus.
When I was in middle-school, I half-willingly went through 4 years of
classical
guitar training and was left with a life-long desire to be a good musician
despite my inconsistent practice habits. Practice will have to wait until I
finish up the next PR - looking forward to many more in the future!

Cheers,
Stefan

Re: Welcome Stefan Vodita as Lucene committter [ In reply to ]
Welcome, Stefan!
Good choice, btw!

Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev
Re: Welcome Stefan Vodita as Lucene committter [ In reply to ]
Welcome, Stefan!

Re: Welcome Stefan Vodita as Lucene committter [ In reply to ]
Hi Stefan, thank you very much for your contributions and helping to
improve Lucene!

All the best

Michael

Re: Welcome Stefan Vodita as Lucene committter [ In reply to ]
Congrats Stefan!

Re: Welcome Stefan Vodita as Lucene committter [ In reply to ]
Welcome Stefan!

Re: Welcome Stefan Vodita as Lucene committter [ In reply to ]
Congratulations Stefan!!