Mailing List Archive

How can I get Apache Lucene demo web application working in Windows 10?
Hello,

I am new for Apache Lucene. I am trying to follow the Apache Lucene link,
https://lucene.apache.org/core/2_9_4/demo3.html to build up a demo web
application under Windows 10. I have installed the Tomcat web server and
successfully got it running. However, when I ran the following command line
in CMD:

java org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexHTML -create -index {index-dir}
..

It always showed the error: "could not find or load main class
org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexHTML caused by java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexHTML".

My Java CLASSPATH has been configured, and I was able to run IndexFiles
under Windows 10:

java org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexFiles -docs
C:/rootpath/chidpath/src

It is very strange as my IndexFiles can be run under Windows 10 without
error. Why can IndexHTML not be run with the same CLASSPATH setting? Does
anyone know how to run an Apache Lucene web application in Windows 10
environment?

Thanks

qizhi