Mailing List Archive

Re: 8.11.3 release
Just a reminder to backport any issues one sees fit for a 8.11.3 release.
I'll try to get an RC out by the end of September, so still more than a
week away.

Re: 8.11.3 release [ In reply to ]
I'm going to track items from 9x releases in the following sheet.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FADkjDS0yfXpaUi3fbwsa7Izy5HOxE9AR_NKiss1sIo/edit#gid=0

Please let me know if there's any item there that you think would be useful
to backport (if easy) to 8.11, and want me to take a look at backporting it.
Regards,
Ishan

On Tue, 19 Sept 2023 at 01:15, Ishan Chattopadhyaya <

Re: 8.11.3 release [ In reply to ]
Hi Ishan,
Sorry for the late chime in.

Some time ago I filled a Jira for a Solr 8 specific bug:

At that time, I wasn't expecting more 8.x releases, so I did not open a PR
for it.
I can work on a fix if we have a few days more before the release. I think
it is worth to have it in solr 8 (that's not a backport)

Thanks

Re: 8.11.3 release [ In reply to ]
Thanks Pierre, I'll have it included in 8.11 once you are able to have a PR
for this. Thanks!

Re: 8.11.3 release [ In reply to ]
I just opened a pull request.
https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/pull/2679
Details are in the PR.

Thanks !

Re: 8.11.3 release [ In reply to ]
I've pushed a few things to branch_8_11 recently
*
https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/commit/e491400d961b771f146c6e12a7f8ed89eafe128f
*
https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/commit/8e545e8f2154698e9bfeee92c40f8541fd7d0152
*
https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/commit/e7560cd2ab024d4315933cd3965aab2961bba994

https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/pull/2681 is in draft and updated a
bunch of relatively low risk dependencies. There might be others we want to
upgrade, but figured it was a decent start.

Kevin Risden