coming to the point where it talks about writing release notes. It
suggests starting from a previous release note on the confluence wiki,
but it seems we haven't been using that for 9.x releases. Can previous
release managers give some guidance on where to start here? I see the
previous release notes on the web site (eg
https://lucene.apache.org/core/corenews.html#apache-lucenetm-930-available),
but do we have a standard place where we keep these in archived
editable form?

Re: release notes question [ In reply to ]
Take a look here for the older ones:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/LUCENE/Release+Notes

On one hand you have to deal with confluence, but using the wiki has
the advantage that other ppl can edit it. So you can basically
copy-paste from a previous one as a template and enlist help from
others summarizing features and stuff.

Re: release notes question [ In reply to ]
Ah thanks Robert - I got confused by the content of that page which
only lists some older releases in the 8.x series, but now I see the
left nav lists them all.