https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/tree/master-deprecations

I'm just calling attention to this because I think this ideally will get
done before the source control split of the projects because there is one
(existing) branch covering both. And it needn't prevent an 8.9 from
happening either.

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley
Re: Removing deprecations [ In reply to ]
This seems like a scary approach, why must deprecations be all removed at
once? And why rush doing this for some specific date? No need to create
bugs like this.

Why not make separate issues to handle each deprecation carefully.

By the way, I feel this approach is a losing battle IMO anyway, because we
may add new deprecations at any time.

We just added new ones Friday for LUCENE-9480 as an example. It is a good
way to fix the code iteratively.