Mailing List Archive

Re: [JENKINS] Lucene-Solr-master-Linux (64bit/jdk-15) - Build # 28659 - Still Failing!
We should fix these build notification emails where the subject says
"failing" and then the subject says "All tests passed" :)

In this case it was javadoc linting issue.

Unfortunately, I think to fix this we have to edit the most horrific regexp
I've ever seen, that Jenkins uses to extract what actually failed from the
sometimes massive console log ...

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Re: [JENKINS] Lucene-Solr-master-Linux (64bit/jdk-15) - Build # 28659 - Still Failing! [ In reply to ]
> We should fix these build notification emails where the subject says
"failing" and then the subject says "All tests passed" :)

This is actually the correct message though -- the tests passed but
additional checks didn't.

I agree the amount of information and how it's selected should be improved.
We now have the tools to do it (for example, we could
create a separate message to be mailed from the CI only). I don't think
I'll have the time to do it soon but I filed an issue here -

D.

Re: [JENKINS] Lucene-Solr-master-Linux (64bit/jdk-15) - Build # 28659 - Still Failing! [ In reply to ]
Thanks Dawid.