The test file is attached. Basically, the ordering of searchers for
indices when added to a MultiSearcher causes a wild card search to fail
in both indicies, if the order in which the searchers are added to the
Searchable[] objects is reversed the search is successful. Please let me
know if I can provide any more information.

Thank you,
Rasik Pandey

PS- is anyone working on a test case for MultiSearcher?
Re: Ordering of indices in search with MultiSearcher causes search to return no hits [ In reply to ]
Hello,

This looks very much like the other TestMultiSearcher class, except for
the wildcard being used. I suspect that any query will yield the same
result and expose the bug.

Thanks,
Otis

--- Rasik Pandey <rasik.pandey@ajlsm.com> wrote:
> Developers,
> The test file is attached. Basically, the ordering of searchers for
> indices when added to a MultiSearcher causes a wild card search to
> fail
> in both indicies, if the order in which the searchers are added to
> the
> Searchable[] objects is reversed the search is successful. Please let
> me
> know if I can provide any more information.
>
> Thank you,
> Rasik Pandey
>
> PS- is anyone working on a test case for MultiSearcher?

name=TestWildcardWithMultiSearcher.java
RE : Ordering of indices in search with MultiSearcher causes search to return no hits [ In reply to ]
Otis,
It has to be one of the queries which are generated from a subclass of
MultiTermQuery, please see the messages on the list regarding bug 12667.

Thanks,
Rasik

RE : Ordering of indices in search with MultiSearcher causes search to return no hits [ In reply to ]
The first bug concerning the ordering of searchers makes it difficult to
see the second problem (see recent messages about bug 12667).